Posted by Melissa Kinghttps://mywholefoodlife.com/2014/07/27/mini-vegan-chocolate-cheesecake/
© 2014 My Whole Food Life. All rights reserved.
Mini Vegan Chocolate Cheesecake
For the crust
- 1/2 cup gluten free rolled oats
- 1/4 cup flax meal
- 2 T coconut oil
- 7 pitted medjool dates
For the cheesecake
- 1 cup raw cashews (soaked overnight)
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- In a food processor , combine the crust ingredients until a loose dough starts to form.
- Press the mixture down into some lined muffin cups. I used silicone muffin cups and standard muffin pans .
- Stick the muffin cups in the fridge for 10 minutes to firm up.
- While the crust is firming, make the filling.
- Drain and rinse the cashews and add the to a food processor with the rest of the cheesecake ingredients.
- Blend well until the mixture is smooth.
- Pour the chocolate mixture on top of the crust in the standard muffin cups.
- Give these at least 24 hours to set. You can eat them before then, but keep in mind they will not be fully firm until at least 24 hours in the fridge.
These vegan cheesecakes need to be stored in the fridge. They should last at least 7 days. You can probably also freeze them for longer storage. Enjoy!