Posted by Melissa Kinghttps://mywholefoodlife.com/2014/08/02/vegan-zucchini-boats/
© 2014 My Whole Food Life. All rights reserved.
Vegan Zucchini Boats
- 2 large zucchini
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes
- 4 button mushrooms diced
- 1 shallot diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 T olive oil
- 2 T balsamic vinegar
- sea salt to taste
- Put the sun-dried tomatoes in a bowl with enough water to cover them. Soak for 30 minutes.
- Once they are done soaking, drain the water and dice them.
- Cut the zucchini lengthwise and scoop out the flesh to create the boat.
- Put the flesh on a cutting board and dice.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large saute pan , on medium heat, add the olive oil, shallot and garlic. Cover and let cook a couple minutes. Stirring a couple times.
- Add the zucchini flesh, sun dried tomatoes, mushrooms, quinoa, balsamic vinegar and salt to the saute pan and let everything cook for another couple minutes.
- Place the zucchini boats on a lined baking sheet. Brush them with oil and then fill them with the mixture from the saute pan.
- Place the boats in the oven and cook for 30 minutes, or until the zucchini is tender.
by Melissa King
These are best eaten right away. Store them in an airtight container. They should last a week in the fridge. Enjoy!