Posted by Melissa Kinghttps://mywholefoodlife.com/2014/08/07/healthy-french-onion-dip/
© 2014 My Whole Food Life. All rights reserved.
Healthy French Onion Dip
Say goodbye to store bought French onion dip! This is so much better.
- 2 cups raw cashews (soaked overnight)
- 3-4 yellow onions chopped fine
- 2 T olive oil
- 1 T Annie's worcestershire sauce (I use this brand because it's vegan)
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp sea salt
- I used a food processor to chop up my onions. Makes for a quick prep.
- Once the onions are chopped, add them to a saute pan with the olive oil, garlic and salt.
- Cover and cook on medium to low heat until the onions caramelize. This takes some time. You can leave the pan alone and stir every once and awhile.
- Once the onions have caramelized, remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- Drain and rinse the cashews.
- Add them to a blender and blend for a couple minutes. Just enough to get them started. You will probably have to scrape down the sides a few times.
- Once the onions have cooled, add them to the blender with the remaining ingredients and blend until smooth.
**For a gluten free version, you can probably use tamari in place of worcestershire sauce
Store this dressing in the fridge. It should last about 1 week. Enjoy!
Recipe adapted from www.thekitchn.com