Posted by Melissa Kinghttps://mywholefoodlife.com/2014/08/08/cherry-chocolate-energy-bites/
© 2014 My Whole Food Life. All rights reserved.
Cherry Chocolate Energy Bites
A healthy no bake recipe your kids will love!
- 1 1/2 cups gluten free rolled oats
- 1/2 cup almond butter (or nut butter of choice)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 2 T dark chocolate chips
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- In a food processor , combine the oats, sea salt, almond butter and maple syrup. Grind for a minute.
- Then add the dried cherries and chocolate chips and continue to pulse a few more times.
- Roll into balls. The mixture will seem loose, but I promise it firms up in the fridge.
- Place the balls on a parchment lined plate or baking sheet .
- When all the balls are rolled, place them in the fridge to firm up. It shouldn't take long. Maybe 15 minutes or so.
- Keep these bites stored in the fridge. They should last at least 7-10 days. You can also freeze them for longer storage!
If you don't want to use cherries, you can use another dried fruit of your choice. If you have a nut allergy, feel free to use sunflower butter. It think that should work well too. Enjoy!