Posted by Melissa Kinghttps://mywholefoodlife.com/2014/08/13/blueberry-bliss-bars/
© 2014 My Whole Food Life. All rights reserved.
Blueberry Bliss Bars
A no bake treat perfect for summer!
- 2 cups creamed coconut (you can probably also use coconut butter)
- 2 cups fresh blueberries (frozen, thawed might work too)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tsp ground vanilla beans
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor until the mixture is smooth.
- Line an 8x8 pan with parchment paper, leaving enough room for some paper to stick out the sides.
- Dump the mixture into the pan and spread it out evenly. The mixture is very thick and you may need to wet a spatula to help spread it evenly.
- Once the mixture is in the pan. Gently press down using the extra sides of parchment paper.
- Stick the pan in the fridge to firm up. This should only take about 15-20 minutes.
- Once the mixture is firm, lift the whole thing out by the edges of parchment paper.
- I used a pizza cutter to cut mine into squares.
UPDATE: Some brands of creamed coconut will cause these to stay soft in the fridge. If you find that happens to you, just pop the bars in the freezer instead. You can also use coconut butter in place of creamed coconut
Please store these bars in the fridge. I keep mine in an airtight container with a piece of parchment between each bar. They should last at least a week in the fridge and you can also freeze them for longer storage. Enjoy!