Posted by Melissa Kinghttps://mywholefoodlife.com/2014/08/14/sun-dried-tomato-hummus/
© 2014 My Whole Food Life. All rights reserved.
Sun Dried Tomato Hummus
Homemade hummus is so easy to make!
- 2 cups cooked chickpeas or 1 can chickpeas (drained and rinsed)
- 1 cup sun dried tomatoes
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1-2 tsp cumin
- 2 small cloves of garlic
- 1 T olive oil
- Juice of 1 small lemon
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- water if needed
- Soak the sun dried tomaotes in a bowl of water for 30 minutes. Drain and rinse.
- In a food processor , pulse the chickpeas a couple times to get them started.
- Then add in the remaining ingredients and mix until smooth.
- If you want a thinner consistency, add in some water 1 tablespoon at a time until you reach your desired consistency.
Keep this hummus in an air tight container in the fridge. It should last at least a week. You can also freeze it for longer storage. Enjoy!