Posted by Melissa Kinghttps://mywholefoodlife.com/2014/08/23/cookie-butter-chocolate-cups/
© 2014 My Whole Food Life. All rights reserved.
Cookie Butter Chocolate Cups
- 1 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup cookie butter (or nut butter of choice)
- Fill a medium sized saucepan with water and bring to a boil.
- Place a glass bowl on top of the the sauce pan.
- Add the chocolate chips and the almond milk to the glass bowl.
- Stir constantly until the chocolate has melted.
- Line a muffin pan with liners. I used silicone liners . They work great for this.
- Once the chocolate has melted, spoon a little into the bottom of each muffin cup.
- Place the muffin pan in the freezer to firm up a little. About 5 minutes.
- Once the bottom layer of chocolate has firmed up a bit, place a spoonful of cookie butter on top. I used my hand to kind of flatten it out.
- Once all the muffin cups have cookie butter in them, fill the remainder of them with chocolate and stick back in the fridge for an hour to firm up.
Once the chocolate has set, you can store these in the fridge or freezer. However, if you keep these stored in the freezer, I highly recommend pulling one out about 5 minutes before you eat them so the cookie butter can soften a bit. Enjoy!