Posted by Melissa Kinghttps://mywholefoodlife.com/2014/08/25/almond-joy-protein-bars/
© 2014 My Whole Food Life. All rights reserved.
Almond Joy Protein Bars
A healthy homemade protein bar!
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1 cup gluten free rolled oats
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 12 medjool dates (pits removed)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 2 T flax meal
- 2 T chia seeds
- 1 T hemp hearts
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 2 T chocolate chips
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- In a food processor , combine the oats, almonds, shredded coconut, chia seeds, flax meal, hemp hearts and sea salt. Pulse for a minute or two.
- Then add in the remaining ingredients, except the chocolate chips and water, and mix until a dough starts to form.
- Then add water, 1 tablespoon at a time, until the mixture comes together.
- Lastly, add the chocolate chips and pulse a couple times until they get mixed in.
- Line an 8x8 baking dish with parchment paper. Leave enough paper to stick out the sides.
- Press the mixture into the baking dish. Press down VERY hard.
- Place the baking dish in the fridge to set. It should take an hour. You can also put it in the freezer for less time.
- Once the mixture has set, pull the whole thing out by the sides of the parchment paper. I used a pizza cutter to cut mine into bars.
Keep these bars in the fridge. You can also freeze them for longer storage. Enjoy!