Posted by Melissa Kinghttps://mywholefoodlife.com/2014/09/14/pumpkin-truffles/
© 2014 My Whole Food Life. All rights reserved.
Pumpkin and chocolate go so well in this easy truffle recipe!
For the pumpkin
- 1 1/2 cups pumpkin puree (or 1 can pumpkin)
- 1 cup coconut butter
- 3 T maple syrup
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
For the chocolate coating
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- In the food processor , combine all the ingredients for the pumpkin cream. Blend until smooth.
- Stick the food processor bowl in the fridge to firm up a little. About 10 minutes.
- Using a cookie scoop , drop mixture onto a lined baking sheet .
- Place the baking sheet in the freezer to firm while you make the chocolate mixture.
- To make the chocolate use a double boiler method. Fill a saucepan with water and bring it to a boil.
- Place a glass bowl on top of the pot with the water. Add the chocolate chips and almond milk to the glass bowl and gently melt the chocolate.
- Once all the chocolate is melted, use a spoon to drizzle the chocolate over each truffle.
- Place in the fridge to firm up the chocolate.
Please keep these truffles in the fridge. They should last a couple weeks. You can freeze them for longer storage. Enjoy!