Posted by Melissa Kinghttps://mywholefoodlife.com/2014/09/16/slow-cooker-ratatouille-soup/
© 2014 My Whole Food Life. All rights reserved.
Slow Cooker Ratatouille Soup
A healthy and comforting slow cooker soup!
- 8 tomatoes, boiled, skinned and chopped (see notes)
- 2 red bell peppers (chopped)
- 2 yellow bell peppers (chopped)
- 2 green bell peppers (chopped)
- 2 small zucchini (chopped)
- 1 yellow squash (chopped)
- 1 eggplant (peeled and cubed)
- 1 yellow onion (chopped)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 2 T fresh basil chopped
- 2 T fresh parsley
- sea salt to taste
- Throw everything in a slow cooker and cook for at least 6 hours. Cook on high for the first hour and then turn down to low for the remaining hours. Feel free to cook it longer than 6 hours if you like. I think the longer a soup cooks, the more the flavors develop.
by Melissa King
**To peel the tomatoes, core them and and place them in a saucepan of boiling water. After a minute or two, pull them out and place them in an ice water bath. The skin should easily come off. You can try leaving the skins on for this soup, but they may get tough while cooking so long. Don't throw the skins away though. You can save them with all your other scraps for homemade vegetable broth . Enjoy!