Posted by Melissa Kinghttps://mywholefoodlife.com/2014/09/25/cake-batter-truffles/
© 2014 My Whole Food Life. All rights reserved.
Cake Batter Truffles
A decadent truffle made from real food ingredients!
- 1 1/2 cups cake batter coconut butter (or you can use this store bought brand )
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 2 T almond milk
- Place the cake batter coconut butter in the fridge for 10 minutes to get it a little firm.
- Using a small cookie scoop , form the butter into balls and place the balls on a lined plate or baking sheet .
- Once all the balls are formed, place them in the freezer to get firm while you make the chocolate coating.
- To make the chocolate coating use a double boiler method.
- Bring a saucepan full of water to a boil. Place a glass bowl on top of the saucepan .
- Place the chocolate chips and almond milk into the glass bowl . This will gently heat the chocolate so it doesn't burn.
- Stir constantly until the chocolate is smooth.
- Once the chocolate is smooth, coat the balls in the chocolate. I like to use 2 forks to roll the balls in the chocolate. Make sure you work quickly because the balls can melt easily. Once all the balls are coated, place them back onto a lined baking sheet. Put the baking sheet into the freezer to get the chocolate to set. Once the chocolate has set, you can store these truffles in the freezer or fridge. Your preference. Enjoy!