Posted by Melissa Kinghttps://mywholefoodlife.com/2014/10/10/quinoa-brussel-sprouts-balsamic-glaze/
© 2014 My Whole Food Life. All rights reserved.
Quinoa & Brussel Sprouts with Balsamic Glaze
A flavorful meal made of leftovers!
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 lb bag Brussel sprouts
- 1/2 large yellow onion chopped
- 1/2 cup raw almonds
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 T avocado oil (or oil of choice)
- 3 T balsamic vinegar
- 2 T maple syrup or raw honey
- sea salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Rinse the Brussel sprouts, remove the ends and cut into quarters.
- Add them to a bowl with the chopped onion and garlic.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the balsamic, oil, maple syrup and sea salt into a dressing.
- Pour the dressing over the vegetables and mix until everything is coated well.
- Spread the vegetables onto a lined baking sheet .
- Bake for about 30 minutes, stopping to flip everything halfway through.
- On a separate baking sheet , roast the almonds for about 8 minutes.
- Add everything together in a bowl with the quinoa and mix well.
This should keep in the fridge for about a week. Enjoy!