Posted by Melissa Kinghttps://mywholefoodlife.com/2014/10/12/squash-cranberry-muffins/
© 2014 My Whole Food Life. All rights reserved.
Squash Cranberry Muffins
The flavors of cranberries and squash go perfect in these healthy muffins!
- 2 cups sorghum flour (feel free to use gluten free oat flour as well)
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 1/2 cups pureed squash (I used kabocha, but butternut will work too)
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 2 flax eggs (you can also use real eggs)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup almond milk (or milk of choice)
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 2 T chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix all dry ingredients in one bowl .
- Mix wet in another bowl .
- Add wet to dry and mix until combined.
- Fold in the cranberries and chocolate chips.
- Spoon batter into lined muffin pans .
- I used a jumbo muffin pan with silicone liners .
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Let the muffins cool completely before removing them from the pans.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge.
- They should last a couple weeks. You can also freeze them for longer storage.
**I made jumbo muffins and cooked mine for about 20-25 minutes. If you choose to make standard muffins, you will need to adjust the cooking time accordingly. I am guessing they will only need about 12-15 minutes to cook. Enjoy!