Posted by Melissa Kinghttps://mywholefoodlife.com/2014/10/15/healthy-buckeyes/
© 2014 My Whole Food Life. All rights reserved.
Just like the traditional buckeyes, but made healthier. Only 4 ingredients!
- 10 large medjool dates (soaked for 30 minutes)
- 1 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- 2 T almond milk
- Drain the dates and rinse.
- Place them in a food processor and blend until you get a paste. You will probably need to scrape the sides down several times.
- Once you have a date paste, add in the peanut butter and continue to blend until both ingredients are incorporated. You can add a little salt at this time if you like. I did not add any.
- Roll the mixture into balls and place on a lined baking sheet .
- Stick a toothpick into each ball.
- Place the baking sheet in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- While the balls are in the freezer, make the chocolate.
- To melt the chocolate use a double boiler. Bring a saucepan to a boil. Place a glass bowl on top of the saucepan. Add the chocolate chips and almond milk to the glass bowl .
- Gently melt the chocolate and stir often.
- Once all the chocolate is melted, hold the toothpick and roll each ball into the chocolate. Leave a little bit of peanut butter showing through.
- Once all the balls are rolled in the chocolate, set them back on the lined baking sheet and stick in the fridge to set. It should not take long.
by Melissa King
Once the chocolate has set, you can store these in the fridge or freezer. They should keep a couple weeks in the fridge and several months in the freezer. Enjoy!