Posted by Melissa Kinghttps://mywholefoodlife.com/2014/10/19/guest-post-slow-cooker-black-bean-chili/
© 2014 My Whole Food Life. All rights reserved.
Guest Post: Slow Cooker Black Bean Chili
Slow Cooker Black Bean Chili!
- 1 pound bag of black beans
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/4 cup Chili Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cans (14.5 oz. each) Diced Tomatoes or 3 1/2 cups homemade diced tomatoes
- 3 ounces of Tomato Paste
- 1 3/4 cup water
- The night before put the beans in a large stock pot and cover with water by about 3 inches.
- The next morning, drain the beans and throw the water away.
- Put the beans in your Slow Cooker
- Add the onion and spices.
- Add the tomatoes and tomato paste and the water.
- Stir well.
- Cover and turn on low and cook for 8 hours.
- Or if you want it faster you can cook on high for 4 hours.