Posted by Melissa Kinghttps://mywholefoodlife.com/2014/10/29/pumpkin-raspberry-oat-bars/
© 2014 My Whole Food Life. All rights reserved.
Pumpkin Raspberry Oat Bars
Pumpkin Oat Crumb Bars with a layer of raspberry jam. Heavenly! A must try for pumpkin lovers!
- 1 1/2 cups sorghum flour ( gluten free oat flour will work too)
- 1 1/2 cups gluten free rolled oats
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 heaping tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 flax eggs (real eggs will work too)
- 1 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (or sub more pumpkin for oil free)
- 2 T almond milk
- 1/3 cup jam of choice (I used homemade chia jam )
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In one bowl , mix the dry ingredients together.
- In another bowl , add the pumpkin, flax eggs, almond milk and oil. Mix well.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix just until combined. I did this by hand with a spatula.
- Line an 8x8 glass dish with parchment paper leaving enough coming out the sides.
- Press 1/2 the mixture into the bottom of the baking dish .
- Spread the jam layer on top.
- Lastly, add the remaining crumb mixture to the top.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Let the bars completely cool before removing them from the baking dish.
- I cut mine into bars with a pizza cutter .
Keep these bars stored in the fridge. They should last a couple weeks. Enjoy!