Posted by Melissa Kinghttps://mywholefoodlife.com/2014/11/06/paleo-magic-bars/
© 2014 My Whole Food Life. All rights reserved.
Paleo Magic Bars
The classic holiday treat made healthier!
- 1 1/2 cups raw pecans
- 12 medjool dates (pits removed)
- 1 cup vegan sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 3/4 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a food processor , combine the pecans, sea salt and dates until you see the mixture clump together.
- Line an 8x8 glass baking dish with parchment paper. Make sure you leave enough paper to stick out the sides.
- Gently press the pecan mixture into the glass baking dish. Make sure the bottom of the baking dish is covered with the pecan mixture. Press down well.
- Next, add the vegan sweetened condensed milk. Spread it all over the top of the pecan mixture.
- Lastly top the bars with the coconut, chips or whatever else you like.
- Use a fork to gently press the toppings into the condensed milk.
- Bake in the oven for about 20-25 minutes.
- Wait until the mixture has completely cooled before removing from the baking dish and slicing into squares.
- I used a pizza cutter to slice mine.
- My bars were slightly gooey, so I found letting them firm up in the fridge helped a lot.
Store these bars in the fridge in an airtight container. I suggest placing a sheet or parchment paper in between each bar so they don't stick to each other. They should last a couple weeks in the fridge. You may even be able to freeze them. Enjoy!