Posted by Melissa Kinghttps://mywholefoodlife.com/2014/11/13/cranberry-corn-muffins/
© 2014 My Whole Food Life. All rights reserved.
Cranberry Corn Muffins
The perfect side for your Thanksgiving table.
- 1 1/2 cups organic cornmeal
- 1 1/2 cups sorghum flour or gluten free oat flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 flax eggs (real eggs will work as well)
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 3/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 T almond milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In one bowl , mix the dry ingredients.
- Mix wet in another bowl .
- Add wet to dry and just mix until combined.
- Fold in the cranberries.
- Spoon batter into muffin pans. I used jumbo muffin pans with silicone liners . You can use standard muffin pans as well. If you use standard muffin pans, bake for less time.
- Bake for about 12-15 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let the muffins cool completely before removing from the pans.
Please store these muffins in the fridge in an airtight container. You can also freeze them for longer storage.