Posted by Melissa Kinghttps://mywholefoodlife.com/2014/11/15/gluten-free-sugar-cookies/
© 2014 My Whole Food Life. All rights reserved.
Gluten Free Sugar Cookies
Traditional sugar cookies made gluten free and vegan. Much less sugar in this easy recipe.
- 3 cups sorghum flour or gluten free oat flour or gluten free all purpose
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 cup palm shortening (softened)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 flax eggs (real eggs work too)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In one bowl , mix all the dry ingredients together.
- In another bowl , mix the softened shortening and the sugar together.
- Then add in the vanilla and flax eggs.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix only until combined.
- If the batter looks too dry, add in the almond milk one tablespoon at a time.
- Gather the dough into a ball.
- Cut the dough in half with a bench scraper .
- Wrap both pieces of dough and place in the fridge for 20 minutes.
- Grab one piece of the dough and roll onto a floured surface until it's about 1/4 inch thick.
- Cut into shapes. Place the cookie shapes onto a lined baking sheet.
- Bake for about 10 minutes or until the cookie edges turn a golden brown.
- Let cookies completely cool before removing them from the baking sheet .
- Repeat these steps with the second ball of dough.
Store these cookies in an airtight container in the fridge. You can also freeze them for longer storage. Enjoy!