Posted by Melissa Kinghttps://mywholefoodlife.com/2014/11/18/apple-spice-coffee-cake-muffins/
© 2014 My Whole Food Life. All rights reserved.
Apple Spice Coffee Cake Muffins
It's like having coffee cake in muffin form! Gluten free and vegan.
For the muffins
- 2 cups sorghum flour or gluten free oat flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 2 flax eggs (real eggs work too)
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
For the crumb topping
- 3 T gluten free flour
- 3 T coconut sugar
- 2 T coconut oil (measure after melting)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix all the dry ingredients for the muffins in one bowl .
- Mix wet in another bowl .
- Add wet to dry and mix until combined.
- Spoon batter into lined muffin cups. I used silicone muffin cups . If you use paper muffin cups, you will need to spray them with oil before adding the batter in. This will prevent them from sticking.
- To make the crumb topping, mix all topping ingredients in a bowl. Once everything looks like it's clumped together, sprinkle a little over each muffin.
- I used jumbo muffin cups and baked mine for about 20-25 minutes. If you use standard sized muffin cups, you can probably bake these in half the time.
- Let the muffins cool completely before removing from the muffin pans.
Store these muffins in the fridge. They should last at least 2 weeks. You can also freeze them for longer storage. Enjoy!