Posted by Melissa Kinghttps://mywholefoodlife.com/2014/11/24/quinoa-stuffed-acorn-squash/
© 2014 My Whole Food Life. All rights reserved.
Quinoa Stuffed Acorn Squash
The perfect vegan Thanksgiving dish!
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 1 medium yellow onion chopped
- 1 1/2 cups shredded carrot
- 1/2 cup raw pecan pieces
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup pomegranate juice concentrate
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- sea salt to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400.
- Cut the acorn squash in half, remove the seeds, brush with oil and sprinkle with a little sea salt. Place face down on a lined baking sheet . Bake for about 35-40 minutes. You will know it's done when you can easily stick a fork through the flesh.
- In a saucepan , add the quinoa and the water. Bring to a boil, then turn down, cover and simmer until all the water has been absorbed. Set aside.
- In a large saute pan , on medium high heat, add the onion, garlic and a small amount of oil. Saute for about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the carrots and quinoa and cook for another 5 minutes or so.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir for another 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Add the quinoa mixture to the acorn squash and serve. Enjoy!
You can make the filling for this dish ahead of time. It should last at least a week in the fridge. Enjoy!