Posted by Melissa Kinghttps://mywholefoodlife.com/2014/12/03/german-chocolate-quinoa-brownies/
© 2014 My Whole Food Life. All rights reserved.
German Chocolate Quinoa Brownies
A secretly healthy brownie recipe you will love!
For the brownies
- 1 1/4 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 flax eggs (real eggs work too)
- 1/2 cup cashew butter
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (or oil of choice)
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
For the topping
- 1 cup vegan sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup pecan pieces
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Put all the brownie ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Line an 8x8 glass baking dish with parchment paper.
- Leave enough room for some to stick out the sides.
- Pour the batter into the glass baking dish.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes.
- While the brownies are baking, make the topping.
- Combine all topping ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Once the brownies have cooled, spread the topping on top.
- Slice and serve.
Store these brownies in an airtight container in the fridge. They should last at least a week, maybe more. Enjoy!