Posted by Melissa Kinghttps://mywholefoodlife.com/2014/12/16/cream-broccoli-soup/
© 2014 My Whole Food Life. All rights reserved.
Cream of Broccoli Soup
A healthier version of the classic recipe!
- 4 big heads of broccoli
- 1 chopped yellow onion
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 2 cups almond milk
- 2 cups of veggie broth
- sea salt to taste
- Put all the ingredients, except the almond milk, in a large pot . Cook covered on med-low for 2-3 hours.
- Once the soup is broken down a bit, you can use an immersion blender to puree it. If you don't have an immersion blender, transferring it to a regular blender may work too.
- Once the soup is pureed, add the almond milk. Mix until well incorporated.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate/freeze for later.
I like to refrigerate/freeze these in serving sized portions so I can just grab out what I need. This soup should last a week in the fridge and up to 6 months in the freezer. Enjoy!