Posted by Melissa Kinghttps://mywholefoodlife.com/2014/12/18/gluten-free-gingerbread-pancakes/
© 2014 My Whole Food Life. All rights reserved.
Gluten Free Gingerbread Pancakes
The perfect holiday breakfast!
- 2 cups gluten free flour (I used sorghum flour )
- 1 T coconut sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp ginger
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 2 flax eggs (real eggs work too)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 T blackstrap molasses
- 1 1/4 cups almond milk
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips
- In one bowl , mix the dry ingredients.
- Mix wet in another bowl .
- Add dry to wet and mix until combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips
- Add a little oil to a saute pan and turn the heat to medium.
- Using a 1/4 cup scoop, drop the batter into a saute pan .
- Once the edges turn brown on the sides, it will be time to flip the pancakes.
- I was able to make 4 pancakes at a time in my pan.
- Repeat these steps until all the pancakes are done. You may need to add a little extra oil to the pan.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate/freeze for later.