Posted by Melissa Kinghttps://mywholefoodlife.com/2015/01/06/quinoa-granola-bars/
© 2015 My Whole Food Life. All rights reserved.
Quinoa Granola Bars
A healthy snack bar perfect for lunchboxes!
- 2 1/2 cups quinoa flakes
- 1 heaping cup almond butter (or nut butter of choice)
- 1/3 cup maple syrup (honey will work too)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground vanilla beans
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Combine all the dry ingredients in one bowl .
- In a small saucepan , on medium-low heat, combine the almond butter, maple syrup and coconut oil. Stir until everything is well combined.
- Add the saucepan mixture to the dry ingredients and mix well. If the batter looks a little dry, you can add a little bit of milk. Since the mixture is thick, it takes a few minutes to mix well. I just used my hand to mix, but you can use a stand mixer as well.
- Line an 8x8 glass baking dish with parchment paper.
- Press the mixture into the baking dish. Make sure you press down evenly and hard so it sticks together.
- Stick in the fridge for 30 minutes to firm up.
- Once firmed up, slice into bars using a pizza cutter .
Store these bars in the fridge. You can also probably freeze them. Enjoy!