Posted by Melissa Kinghttps://mywholefoodlife.com/2015/01/19/sweet-potato-pasta-with-brussel-sprouts/
© 2015 My Whole Food Life. All rights reserved.
Sweet Potato Pasta with Brussel Sprouts and Pistachios
- 1 large sweet potato peeled and spiralized
- Roughly 4 cups of Brussel sprouts
- 2 T coconut oil
- 1 T maple syrup
- sea salt to taste
- 1 tsp garlic powder (optional)
- 1 cup raw pistachios
- Peel the sweet potato and spiralize it . Set aside
- Cut the ends off the Brussel sprouts and quarter them.
- Add the Brussel sprouts to a large saute pan with the oil and maple syrup.
- Cook covered on medium to low heat. You may need to add a little extra oil or some water if the oil cooks off. Keep a close eye on them and stir every couple minutes. They should be soft in about 7 minutes or so. Once the Brussel sprouts look soft, add in the sweet potato and sea salt. Stir together for another couple minutes until everything looks softened.
- Lastly, add the pistachios and mix well.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate for later.
If you wanted to take some of the sweetness out of this dish, you could add some chili powder.