Posted by Melissa Kinghttps://mywholefoodlife.com/2015/01/21/chard-chickpea-soup/
© 2015 My Whole Food Life. All rights reserved.
Quick and Easy Chard and Chickpea Soup
- 1 T coconut oil
- 1 large onion chopped
- 2 garlic cloves chopped
- 1 bunch chard (6-8 leaves) stems removed and chopped
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 3 cups diced tomatoes (one can)
- 2 cups cooked chickpeas (if using canned, drain and rinse)
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp onion salt
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- In a large pot , on medium heat, saute the onions and garlic in the oil. Once the onions are translucent, add the remaining ingredients, except for the lemon juice, in the pot. Bring to a boil, then turn down, cover and simmer for about 30 minutes. Lastly add the lemon juice, stir and season to your taste. This can be frozen as well. Enjoy!
Side note: I made this in my crock pot, so that is another option for you.