Posted by Melissa Kinghttps://mywholefoodlife.com/2015/01/27/lemon-poppy-seed-muffins/
© 2015 My Whole Food Life. All rights reserved.
Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins
Moist and delicious muffins for the lemon lover in your house!
- 2 cups gluten free oat flour
- 1 1/2 T poppy seeds
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 flax eggs (real eggs will work too)
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup almond milk (or milk of choice)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Juice of 1 small lemon
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In one bowl , mix all the dry ingredients.
- In another bowl , mix the wet.
- Add dry to wet and mix only until combined.
- Spoon batter into standard sized lined muffin pans .
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let the muffin cool completely before removing from the pans.
- Store in the fridge or freeze for longer. Enjoy!