Posted by Melissa Kinghttps://mywholefoodlife.com/2015/01/28/flourless-almond-joy-blondies/
© 2015 My Whole Food Life. All rights reserved.
Flourless Almond Joy Blondies
Healthy blondies with a secret boost of protein and fiber!
- 1 1/2 cups chickpeas or 1 can chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 3/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 2 flax eggs (real eggs will work too)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 -1 tsp almond extract (I like a strong almond flavor, so I added 3/4 tsp)
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine all the ingredients, except the chocolate chips, in a food processor and mix until smooth.
- Add the chocolate chips and pulse a few more times to get them mixed in evenly.
- Line an 8x8 glass baking dish with parchment paper.
- Spoon batter into the glass baking dish. The mixture will be VERY sticky. I find wetting a spatula helps.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Let the bars cool completely before removing from the dish.
- Cut into squares with a pizza cutter .
- Store these bars in the fridge. They should last a couple weeks. Enjoy!