Posted by Melissa Kinghttps://mywholefoodlife.com/2015/03/01/chocolate-chip-chickpea-pancakes/
© 2015 My Whole Food Life. All rights reserved.
Chocolate Chip Chickpea Pancakes
Healthy pancakes with a boost of protein and fiber!
- 1 1/2 cups chickpea flour
- 3 T flax meal
- 3 T coconut sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips or other add ins
- In a large bowl , mix all the dry ingredients.
- Heat and oil a large saute pan on medium heat.
- Add 1/4 cup dry ingredients, except the chips, + 1/4 cup water to a new bowl .
- Mix well and let sit a minute.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Pour mixture into the saute pan .
- Once it starts to bubble, flip the pancakes.
- Repeat these steps for the rest of the mixture.
To make each individual pancake, you need to mix 1/4 mix + 1/4 cup water in a separate bowl. That will make only one pancake. To make more, you need to repeat those steps.
You can store the remaining pancakes in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer. Enjoy!