Posted by Melissa Kinghttps://mywholefoodlife.com/2015/03/03/slow-cooker-stuffed-peppers/
© 2015 My Whole Food Life. All rights reserved.
Slow Cooker Stuffed Peppers
A delicious and healthy slow cooker meal!
- 5-6 peppers with tops and middles removed
- 2 1/2 cups cooked quinoa
- 2 cups cashew cheese sauce
- 1 1/2 cups black beans (If using dried beans, they need to be soaked overnight and boiled before using in this recipe. The measurement is for cooked black beans)
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/4 cup onion diced
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- Juice from 1/2 a lime
- sea salt to taste
- Cut open the peppers from the top and carefully remove the stems and middles. (See photos below)
- Mix all the other ingredients in a large bowl .
- Put a small amount of water in the bottom of the crock pot .
- Place the peppers in upright.
- Stuff the quinoa mixture into each pepper.
- Turn slow cooker on high.
- Cook for about 3 hours.
- Let cool before storing in the fridge or freezer.
- I have a large crock pot and I got 6 peppers.
If you want to make this in the oven vs the slow cooker, set to 350 and bake for about 45 minutes. Enjoy!