Posted by Melissa Kinghttps://mywholefoodlife.com/2015/03/13/lentil-sloppy-joes/
© 2015 My Whole Food Life. All rights reserved.
Lentil Sloppy Joes
Delicious and easy vegetarian lentil sloppy joes.
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 2 red peppers diced
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup tomato paste
- 1/2 cup ketchup (I used homemade )
- 2 T yellow mustard
- 3 cups water
- 2 cups red lentils (rinsed and picked over)
- 1 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 2 T coconut sugar
- sea salt to taste
- In a large saute pan , brown onion and peppers for 3 to 4 minutes on high.
- Then add everything else, reduce heat. Cover and let simmer for 30 to 40 minutes on low. Once the lentils are cooked and the mixture is thickened, it's done.
- Serve in burger buns or on lettuce wraps.
- This mixture should last at least a week in the fridge. Enjoy!