Posted by Melissa Kinghttps://mywholefoodlife.com/2015/03/15/raw-oatmeal-cream-pies/
© 2015 My Whole Food Life. All rights reserved.
Raw Oatmeal Cream Pies
All you need is 6 simple ingredients to make these raw oatmeal cream pies!
- 1/2 cup raw cashews (soaked overnight)
- 2 T maple syrup
- 1/2 T lemon juice
- 10 medjool dates
- 1 cup gluten free rolled oats
- 1 T coconut oil
- Drain and rinse the cashews and place them in a food processor with the maple syrup and lemon juice. Blend until smooth Set aside in the fridge as you make the cookies.
- In the food processor , combine the dates and oats. Add the coconut oil and gather the dough in a ball. Wrap and place in the fridge for a minute.
- Place a piece of parchment paper on your counter top. Put the dough on top of the parchment paper and flatten it with your hand. Place a sheet to plastic wrap, or another piece of parchment on top of the dough.
- Using a rolling pin , roll out the dough. Using a circular cookie cutter (I like this one ), cut cookie shapes and place them on a lined baking sheet or plate.
- Once all the cookies have been cut, spread the filling on top and make sandwiches. I got 12 cookie sandwiches out of my batch. Place back in the fridge to firm up if the dough has gone a bit soft.
- Keep these stored in the fridge. They should last at least a week or two. Enjoy!