Posted by Melissa Kinghttps://mywholefoodlife.com/2015/03/28/spinach-chickpeas-and-mushrooms/
© 2015 My Whole Food Life. All rights reserved.
Spinach Chickpeas and Mushrooms
Any easy meal or side dish!
- One 11oz package baby spinach (coarsely chopped)
- 1 can chickpeas or 1 1/2 cups cooked chickpeas
- 1/2 a large onion rough chopped
- 1 cup mushrooms chopped
- 2-3 T olive oil or avocado oil
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- sea salt to taste
- In a large saute pan , on medium heat, cook the onions in the olive oil. When they are browned, add in the mushrooms and cook until the mushrooms soften.
- Then add the spinach, sea salt and garlic powder, turn heat to low and cover.
- Lastly add the chickpeas and cook for another couple minutes.
- Serve over cooked rice or quinoa. You can also serve it on it's own as a side dish.
This should keep in the fridge for about a week. Enjoy!