Posted by Melissa Kinghttps://mywholefoodlife.com/2015/04/15/diy-spring-rolls/
© 2015 My Whole Food Life. All rights reserved.
DIY Spring Rolls
Say goodbye to store bought rolls and easily make your own!
For the spring rolls
- 1/4 of a purple cabbage thinly sliced
- 1 carrot thinly sliced
- 1 cucumber thinly sliced
- 1/2 an avocado thinly sliced
- 1 green onion thinly sliced
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 pkg rice paper
For the dipping sauce
- 1/3 cup unsalted creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup orange juice (I juiced an orange for this)
- 1/4 cup soy sauce, tamari or coconut aminos (if gluten free)
- Prep all the vegetables for the filling of the spring rolls, as stated in the ingredients list. Set them out on a cutting board.
- Fill a large bowl with water.
- Take 1 rice paper wrap and submerge it in the water for 5 seconds. Once it feels pliable, set it on the cutting board. Add a little of each vegetable to the middle of the spring roll. Then gently fold in the sides and roll it up. It may take a few tries to get the hang of it.
- Repeat these steps until all the ingredients are used.
- Place the finished spring rolls onto a serving plate.
- To make the dipping sauce, combine all the sauce ingredients in a bowl and whisk together.
These spring rolls are best made to order. You can prep all the veggies and keep them separate from the rolls for several days. Then just make them up as you want to eat them. Enjoy!