Posted by Melissa Kinghttps://mywholefoodlife.com/2015/05/23/guest-post-clean-eating-sesame-chickpea-and-carrot-spread/
© 2015 My Whole Food Life. All rights reserved.
Guest Post: Clean Eating Sesame Chickpea and Carrot Spread
- 2 x 14 oz cans chickpeas, drained & rinsed
- 1/2 cup warm water (I use boiling water)
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 2 tsp sesame oil (avocado or olive oil are OK)
- 1 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder (more or less to taste)
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- Red pepper flakes or Tabasco, to taste (optional)
- 1 cup carrots, coarsely grated & packed
- Whole grain bread or tortillas, arugula and tomatoes, for serving (use your imagination)
- In a large bowl, add chickpeas, water, tahini, sesame oil, salt, garlic powder and black pepper; mash with a potato masher until spread of desired consistency forms. I like mine with chunks of chickpeas. Add carrots, mix well and add red pepper flake or Tabasco to taste (I left it out to keep spread kid friendly).
- To serve, spread on whole grain bread (toasted) or tortilla, top with a few tomato slices and arugula.
- Storage Instructions: refrigerate spread in a glass container for up to a week.
Notes: *Add less salt if using canned beans.
Nutritional Info Servings Per Recipe: 6
Amount Per Serving = 1/2 cup: Calories: 254.0 Total Fat: 11.0 g Cholesterol: 0.0 mg Sodium: 390.8 mg Total Carbs: 32.4 g Dietary Fiber: 7.3 g Protein: 8.7 g WW Points+: 6