Posted by Melissa Kinghttps://mywholefoodlife.com/2015/06/01/chocolate-mousse-pie/
© 2015 My Whole Food Life. All rights reserved.
Chocolate Mousse Pie
It's like decadent chocolate mousse in pie form!
For the crust
- 1 1/4 cup raw almonds
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 3 T coconut oil (measure after melting)
For the chocolate
- 12 medjool dates (soaked for at least 30 minutes)
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 2 T maple syrup (or another couple dates)
For the cream topping
- 1 can full fat coconut milk (refrigerated overnight)
- 2 T maple syrup
- In a food processor , combine all the crust ingredients for about 2 minutes. Once a loose dough forms, press it into a greased pie pan . The mixture will seem a bit crumbly, but it will firm up nice. Place the pie pan in the fridge to chill.
- While that is chilling, drain the dates and place them into the food processor with the avocado. Process for a minute or two to get those broken down. Then add the remaining chocolate ingredients and process until smooth.
- Pour the chocolate mixture into the pie dish and set in the fridge to chill.
- Open the can of full fat coconut milk that has been refrigerated. Scoop off the solid white part and place into a mixing bowl . You can save the remaining liquid for smoothies. Add the maple syrup to the coconut. Using a whipping attachment, whip the coconut into a cream. Once you have a coconut whip cream, scoop everything into a plastic bag. Snip off one tiny corner of the zip-lock bag and use that to slowly pipe the cream onto the pie. If you want to be a little lazy, you could also spread the coconut cream over the whole top instead of piping. Set the pie back into the fridge for another few minutes. Enjoy!
This should last about 4 days in the fridge. I haven't tried freezing it, but that might be an option. Please let me know if you try!