Posted by Melissa Kinghttps://mywholefoodlife.com/2015/06/27/salted-caramel-fudge/
© 2015 My Whole Food Life. All rights reserved.
Salted Caramel Fudge
- 8-10 medjool dates (soaked for 30 minutes)
- 1 1/4 cups cashew butter (I made my own)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (measure after melting)
- 2 T maple syrup
- 1 tsp ground vanilla beans or 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 tsp sea salt (use less if you want it less salty)
- Optional: 1/3 cup chocolate chips
- Soak the dates in water for 30 minutes. Then drain and add them to a blender or food processor with the sea salt and vanilla beans. Blend into a caramel.
- In a small saucepan , on medium low heat, add the cashew butter, coconut oil and maple syrup. Stir until everything is combined.
- Fold in the caramel mixture.
- Line an 8x8 baking dish with parchment paper. Spoon the batter into the baking dish .
- If you want, sprinkle with chocolate chips.
- Place the baking sheet in the freezer to set.
- Once it's set, use a pizza cutter to cut into squares. Store in the fridge or freezer.