Posted by Melissa Kinghttps://mywholefoodlife.com/2015/07/14/vegan-strawberry-cheesecake-bites/
© 2015 My Whole Food Life. All rights reserved.
Vegan Strawberry Cheesecake Bites
A perfectly proportioned cheesecake.
- 1 1/2 cup raw almonds
- 8-10 medjool dates
- 2 cups raw cashews (soaked overnight)
- 1 1/2 cups fresh strawberries
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup coconut oil (measure after melting)
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Drain and rinse the cashews. In a food processor , combine the dates and almonds. Slowly, a little at a time, add water until you see the mixture clump together. Once it looks like it's holding together, press a little bit into the bottom of each muffin cup . I used silicone muffin liners for these, but you can also use paper liners.
- Once all the crust is pressed into the muffin cups, place them in the fridge while you make the cheesecake part.
- In a food processor , combine all the cheesecake ingredients and blend until smooth. Spoon the cheesecake mixture into each muffin cup. Fill them to the top. Once you are done place them in the fridge to chill. They need a good 6 hours or so to set up pretty well. You can speed up the process by placing them in the freezer for a bit though. These can be stored in the fridge or freezer. Whichever you prefer. They should last a couple weeks in the fridge and up to 6 months in the freezer.
by Melissa King