Posted by Melissa Kinghttps://mywholefoodlife.com/2015/07/28/soba-and-zucchini-noodle-bowl/
© 2015 My Whole Food Life. All rights reserved.
Soba and Zucchini Noodle Bowl
For the pesto
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves, packed
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, packed
- 1/4 cup raw walnuts
- 2 tablespoons hemp hearts
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic
- Salt to taste
For the noodle bowl
- 2 cups mix of red and yellow tomatoes
- 3 zucchini, cut into noodles (I used a spiralizer , but you might be able to use a vegetable peeler too)
- 1 pkg buckwheat soba noodles (I like Eden brand)
- Sea salt to taste
For the pesto:
- Place all the ingredients in a food processor and process until chunky.
For the noodle bowl:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place the tomatoes on a lined baking sheet . Drizzle with a little oil and sprinkle with sea salt.
- Roast in the oven for about 35 to 45 minutes. Remove and let cool.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the soba noodles and cook for about 7 minutes.
- Remove the soba noodles from the water. Add the zucchini noodles to the water and cook for only 1 minute. Drain the zucchini noodles. Run both the zucchini noodles and soba noodles under cold water, separating the soba noodles with your fingers if they are sticking.
- Add the zucchini noodles and soba noodles back to the pot and toss with the pesto and roasted tomatoes.
Best when served immediately. This should last in the fridge for 4 to 5 days. Enjoy!