Posted by Melissa Kinghttps://mywholefoodlife.com/2015/08/04/toasted-coconut-overnight-oats/
© 2015 My Whole Food Life. All rights reserved.
Toasted Coconut Overnight Oats
The toasted coconut really makes the flavors pop in this easy breakfast recipe!
- 1/2 cup gluten free steel cut oats or gluten free rolled oats
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 T chopped almonds
- 1 T toasted shredded coconut
- 2 tsp chia seeds
- 1 medjool date chopped or 2 tsp maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp almond extract (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350. Measure out 1/4 cup shredded coconut and place on a lined baking sheet. Bake for 5 minutes.
- Mix all ingredients in a jar. I like to use [these jars|http://tinyurl.com/l5qyee5
- ]. Mix well, cover and place in the fridge overnight. In the morning, you can heat them up or eat them cold. If the mixture looks a little dry, you can always add a little extra milk. Enjoy!