Posted by Melissa Kinghttps://mywholefoodlife.com/2015/08/12/grain-free-twix-bars/
© 2015 My Whole Food Life. All rights reserved.
Grain Free Twix Bars
Homemade Twix bars without the guilt!
- 1 1/4 cups cashew butter
- 2 T maple syrup
- 15 medjool dates (soaked in water for 30 minutes)
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 2 T coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Drain the dates.
- In a food processor , combine the cashew butter and maple syrup. Line a loaf pan with parchment paper. I used a 5x9 inch loaf pan . Press the cashew mixture into the bottom of the pan and press down well.
- Bake for about 12-14 minutes.
- Let cool.
- In a blender or small food processor, blend up the dates into a caramel.
- Once the cookie mixture is cool, spread the date caramel on top. Place in the fridge while you make the chocolate.
- Using a double boiler method, melt the chocolate chips and coconut oil. Mix well into all the chips are smooth. Life the cookie out of the loaf pan and onto a plate.
- Pour the mixture over the cookie and place in the fridge/freezer to firm up. Once everything is firm, use a sharp knife to slice into bars. You can store in the fridge or freezer. I like to store mine in the freezer. Enjoy!