Posted by Melissa Kinghttps://mywholefoodlife.com/2015/08/16/thai-coconut-rice/
© 2015 My Whole Food Life. All rights reserved.
Thai Coconut Rice
- 1 cup brown rice
- 1 cup water
- 1 15oz can full fat coconut milk
- 1/2 tsp fresh minced ginger
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 red pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 1/4 cup diced green onions
- 1 cup crushed roasted peanuts
- 1-2 T chopped cilantro (optional)
- 1 jalapeno (optional)
- Sea salt to taste
- In a small pot , add the rice, water, coconut milk, garlic and ginger.
- Cook on low heat for 30 minutes mostly covered. Stir a few times to keep the rice from sticking on the bottom
- Once cooked, cover and turn the heat off.
- In a another large saute pan , add the peppers, onion, carrots, and jalapeno to a pan with the toasted sesame oil and saute on medium high heat for about 10 minutes.
- Remove the heat, and stir in the rice.
- Add the cilantro, green onions.
- Add the peanuts and serve.
This should last about 1 week in the fridge. Enjoy!