Posted by Melissa Kinghttps://mywholefoodlife.com/2015/08/30/vegan-blueberry-cheesecake/
© 2015 My Whole Food Life. All rights reserved.
Vegan Blueberry Cheesecake
- 1/2 cup raw almonds
- 4-5 Medjool dates (pits removed)
- water if needed
- 2 cups raw cashews (soaked in water overnight)
- 1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup coconut oil (measure after melting)
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
For the cream topping
- One 15-ounce can full fat coconut milk (refrigerated overnight)
- 1 tsp ground vanilla beans
- 2 T maple syrup
- In a food processor , combine almonds and dates. Slowly add a little water at a time until the mixture starts to clump together.
- Grease a 6 inch spring-form pan . Press the crust mixture into the bottom of the pan evenly. Place the pan in the fridge while you make the cheesecake part.
- Drain the cashews.
- In a food processor , combine all the cheesecake ingredients. Blend until smooth. Pour the cheesecake mixture into the pan and place in the fridge to set. About 6 hours. Sticking it in the freezer can speed up the process if you are in a hurry.
- Once the cheesecake has set, make the cream topping.
- Open the can of coconut milk. Scoop out the fatty white part into a mixing bowl with the maple syrup and vanilla beans. Save the water left for smoothies.
- Using the whipping attachment , whip into a cream. Place the cream in a pastry bag and pipe the frosting on.
- Place back in the fridge for another 30 minutes. Enjoy!