Posted by Melissa Kinghttps://mywholefoodlife.com/2015/08/31/spinach-chickpea-omelets/
© 2015 My Whole Food Life. All rights reserved.
Spinach Chickpea Omelets
A savory, vegan breakfast option.
- 2 cups chickpea flour
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 3 T flax meal
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 3-4 cups loosely packed spinach
- In a large bowl , combine all the dry ingredients, except the spinach. Mix well.
- Chop the spinach up fine.
- Heat a large saute pan on medium heat.
- In a small bowl, combine 1/3 cup of the dry mixture and a scant 1/3 cup water. Whisk that together. If you want an omelet, make the batter a little thinner with more water. If you want a pancake consistency, make the batter a little thicker.
- Add a little amount of spinach into the bowl with the batter. Pour the mixture into the saucepan and cook. These cook like a pancake, so when you see the mixture bubble, you know it's time to flip to the other side and cook for another minute.
- Repeat these steps until all the omelets are done.
- Store these in the fridge. They should last a couple weeks that way. They can also be frozen.