Posted by Melissa Kinghttps://mywholefoodlife.com/2015/09/02/pumpkin-chocolate-cheesecake/
© 2015 My Whole Food Life. All rights reserved.
Pumpkin Chocolate Cheesecake
Pumpkin and chocolate were made for each other!
- 1/3 cup raw almonds
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips
- 5 Medjool dates
- 2 cups raw cashews (soaked overnight)
- 1 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- pinch sea salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1 T coconut oil
- Drain the cashews.
- In a food processor , combine all the crust ingredients. You may need to add a tiny amount of water to get the consistency right. The dough needs to come together loosely.
- Press the crust into the bottom of a greased 6 inch round spring form pan . Place the pan in the fridge.
- In a food processor , combine all the cheesecake ingredients and blend until smooth. Pour the mixture into the pan and place it in the fridge to set up. It needs about 6 hours to set.
- Once it's set, you can make the chocolate. Melt the chocolate and coconut oil using a double boiler method. Gently heat the chocolate and stir until it's smooth.
- Drizzle the chocolate over the top of the cheesecake. Place back in the fridge for another 30 minutes.
This should last a couple weeks in the fridge. It also freezes well. Enjoy!