Posted by Melissa Kinghttps://mywholefoodlife.com/2015/09/11/lentil-spinach-salad-with-avocado/
© 2015 My Whole Food Life. All rights reserved.
Lentil Spinach Salad with Avocado
A healthy, budget friendly salad!
- 2 cups uncooked green lentils
- 4 cups water
- 3-4 avocados
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- Juice from 1 lime
- 1-2 cups loosely packed spinach
- 2 T sunflower seeds
- Sea salt to taste
- In a saucepan , add the water and the lentils. Bring to a boil, then turn down and simmer until all the water is absorbed. You may need to add a little more water if the lentils are not quite done.
- Once the lentils are cooled, add them to a serving bowl with the rest of the ingredients. Serve immediately or refrigerate for later.
- This should last 4 days in the fridge.