Posted by Melissa Kinghttps://mywholefoodlife.com/2015/09/16/kale-white-bean-squash-soup/
© 2015 My Whole Food Life. All rights reserved.
Kale White Bean Squash Soup
The perfect soup for Fall!
- 4 cups white beans (measurement taken after hydrating)
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 4 carrots, chopped
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1/2 a kabocha squash, roasted (butternut will probably work as well)
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 5-6 leaves kale, stems removed and chopped
- Salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Cut the squash in half, remove the seeds, brush with oil and place on a lined baking sheet . Bake for about 45 minutes. You know it's done when you can easily stick a fork through the flesh. The recipe only calls for 1/2 the squash, so freeze the other half you don't use.
- If you have an Instant Pot , I cooked the squash on the manual setting for 7 minutes. Just cut the squash in half, scooped out the seeds, poke holes in the squash, and place it in the Instant Pot.
- In a large stock pot , combine all the ingredients, except the kale. Cook covered on medium heat for 1 1/2 hours. You can even add the skin from the squash since it's edible.
- Remove the soup from heat. Add the kale, cover and let stand for 20 minutes.
- Add more salt if necessary.
This should keep in the fridge for at least a week. It also freezes great. Enjoy!