Posted by Melissa Kinghttps://mywholefoodlife.com/2015/09/24/kale-apple-salad/
© 2015 My Whole Food Life. All rights reserved.
Kale Apple Salad
Kale Apple Salad with a Lemon Vinaigrette
For the salad
- 1 large bunch kale, stems removed and chopped (I used curly kale)
- 1 apple, peeled and chopped (I used a honey crisp apple)
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries (I used cranberries sweetened with fruit)
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds
For the dressing
- Juice from 2 small lemons
- 1-2 T maple syrup or raw honey
- Remove the stems from the kale and chop into bite sized pieces. Using your hands, massage the kale. See video above.
- In a large serving bowl , add all the salad ingredients.
- In a small bowl , whisk together the dressing ingredients.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and mix well.
- Serve immediately or wait 30 minutes for the flavors to develop more in the fridge.
by Melissa King
This should last 4-5 days in the fridge. Enjoy!