Posted by Melissa Kinghttps://mywholefoodlife.com/2015/10/04/homemade-snickers-bites/
© 2015 My Whole Food Life. All rights reserved.
Homemade Snickers Bites
For the filling
- 10 medjool dates (soaked for 30 minutes)
- 1/2 cup chopped salted peanuts (or nut of choice)
For the chocolate
- 1/3 cup coconut oil (measure after melting)
- 1/3 cup cacao powder
- 2 T maple syrup
- In a small bowl , mix the ingredients for the chocolate coating. Line a standard sized muffin pan. Pour a small amount of the chocolate mixture into each lined muffin cup. Place the cups in the freezer while you make the filling.
- Drain the dates. In a food processor , blend up the dates into a caramel-like consistency.
- Then add the nuts and pulse a couple times to mix them up well.
- Spoon a little of the date and nut mixture into each muffin cup carefully.
- Cover the date mixture up with more chocolate mixture and place in the freezer to firm up. This will yield 6 large snickers cups.
Please store these in the freezer. They should last up to 6 months. Enjoy!